1. The Secondary Groups are just the opposite of primary group. Impressional, formal and indirect relationship exists, among the members of secondary groups.
2. The relationship among the members of club, professional group, political party or trade unions come under the category of secondary groups.
3. The relationships of the members of the secondary groups are based on mutual interest. The basis of these relationships are located in utility or common interests.
4. A secondary group is a number of people who meet regularly, but whose relationships are mainly impersonal, individuals in secondary group do not have intimate contact with each other and normally come together for specific practical pruposes only.
5. Example : A club or a committee (Group Housing Committee or such other one) is a suitable example of secondary group.